Book Title: Embracing a Culture of Joy: How Educators Can Bring Joy to Their Classrooms Each Day
Publisher: Solution Tree Press
Author: Dean Shareski
Although fun is sometimes seen as a barrier to real learning, joy is a vital part of effective education and motivates students to connect with what they're learning. Learn how to have meaningful conversations about where joy gets left out in schools, and discover how to equip students with the skills and qualities they'll need to achieve academic success, as well as to live fulfilling lives, by bringing joy to classrooms each day.
- Read about real classrooms that have successfully implemented joy.
- Examine education jargon that negatively impacts school culture.
- Gain ideas for how to make classrooms joyful learning environments.
- Learn how to create a sense of community among teachers and students.
- Discover the importance of wonder and inquiry in making students more engaged in their learning.
1. The Expectations of School
2. The Definition of Joy
3. The Unfair Advantage
4. A Sense of Wonder
5. Play as Research
6. A Sense of Community
References and Resources